During Mosquito Season (April – September), most people like to enjoy their backyard with barbecues, pool parties, and a place for the kids to play. Mosquitoes can ruin a good time and literally run you out of your own yard! The Jamison mosquito program can help you reclaim your back yard. Give us a call and we will perform a FREE inspection of your home and yard and prescribe the right solution. Our mosquito control programs target mosquitoes where they live and breed.
Mosquito Program Options:
- Mosquito Season Program: This is the best option for season long mosquito control. We will conduct a thorough inspection of the premises each month and report on all mosquito breeding sources and problem areas. We will treat all of the harborages and breeding areas such as fences, under decks, bushes, and dense vegetation, and other areas that have poor air circulation. And, if a problem comes up between our regular visits, we will return at no additional charge to you.
- One Time Treatment: If you are having a party or special event and mosquitoes are going to be a problem, just give us a call and we’ll come out and explain what we can do to make your event mosquito-free.
Ways to Prevent Mosquitoes:
- Mosquito reduction and management
- Dispose of old tires, tin cans, buckets, drums, bottles, plastic sheeting, or any water holding containers.
- Clean debris from rain gutters to allow proper drainage to prevent standing water.
- Fill in or drain low places (puddles, ruts) in the yard.
- Keep drains, ditches, and culverts clean of weeds and trash so water can properly flow.
- Cover trash containers to keep out rainwater.
- Check around outdoor faucets and air conditioner units and repair leaks or puddles.
- Empty plastic wading pools at least once per week and store indoors when not in use.
- Make sure your backyard pool is properly cared for while away from the home.
- Fill in tree holes and hollow stumps that hold water with sand or concrete.
- Change the water in birdbaths, plant pots, or drip trays at least once per week.
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well trimmed around the house where adult mosquitoes may rest.
- Irrigate lawns and gardens carefully to prevent water from standing.
- Eliminate seepage from cisterns, cesspools, and septic tanks.
- Stock ornamental pools with top feeding predacious minnows.
- Check windows and door screens on the home. Be sure they are in good condition to seal out mosquitoes.
- Wear light colored clothing, plus long sleeve shirts and long pants for extra protection.
- Use repellents on skin and clothing.
- Stay indoors during dawn, dusk, and early evening when mosquitoes are most active.
- Contact Jamison Pest and Lawn at 901-452-1505.